Travel advice

If you are planning a travel to a foreign country and think you will need specific vaccinations, we are able to offer travel advice appointments with our team

We can provide travel health advice and arrange for appropriate immunisations. 

Travellers requiring special vaccines for yellow fever, Japanese encephalitis and rabies will need to visit a private clinic to have these vaccinations. Please know the ACWY meningitis and Hepatitis B vaccination can be given at the surgery but on a private basis involving a charge.

For more information on which vaccinations you may need for a specific country, please access the Travel Health Pro website by clicking here. You can also read about any current disease outbreaks and if they will affect your trip by clicking here.

Vaccines need time to take effect and some may require a course over several weeks.

Select the region you are travelling to find out more.


Central Asia

East Asia

Australasia & Pacific


Central America

Europe & Russia

Middle East

North America

South America & Antarctica

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)

You have requested a doctor’s letter to confirm you are fit to fly. We are not trained nor indemnified to assess and declare fitness to fly and you will need to seek the advice of an aviation medicine practitioner or a private GP yourself. Your NHS app will have details of your medical history and current medications.

Civil Aviation Authority – Fit to Fly Assessment

You have contacted us for medical advice while you are abroad. While you are abroad and out of the UK, unfortunately we cannot provide medical advice. Our clinicians are not insured to do so and the NHS does not provide care outside of the UK. You will need to seek local medical advice.

You are able to have up to 3 months’ supply of your regular repeat medication when leaving the UK. This is to allow you time to find local healthcare to take over prescribing while outside the UK. Unfortunately the NHS does not provide care outside of the UK.

NHS – can I take my Medicines Abroad

We are occasionally asked by patients to prescribe sedating medication for flying. Unfortunately your request will be declined. We regret that we are not able to facilitate these requests on the grounds of patient safety and our need to prioritise the delivery of NHS care on the basis of patients’ clinical needs.

Here are some helpful resources for fear of flying

Easyjet – Fear of Flying Course

Fly Without

British Airways – flying with confidence

You have requested a prescription for medication to take with you on holiday in case you get an illness eg travellers’ diarrhoea, ear infection, chest infection, urine infection etc. Unfortunately the NHS does not provide care outside of the UK. We are not indemnified to treat our patients while abroad. If you were to become unwell while abroad, you will need to seek local medical advice.

Further Travel Information

The following websites will give you additional travel advice

Travel Health for information of vaccinations available on NHS

MASTA for private vaccination clinics for specific country travel advice

EHIC to apply for your free European Health Insurance Card