Why Should I get the NHS App?
What the NHS App does
Order repeat prescriptions – see your available medicines, request a new repeat prescription and choose a pharmacy for your prescriptions to be sent to.
Book appointments – search for, book and cancel appointments at your GP surgery, and see details of your upcoming and past appointments.
Check your symptoms – search trusted NHS information and advice on hundreds of conditions and treatments, and get instant advice or medical help near you.
Register your organ donation decision – choose to donate some or all of your organs and check your registered decision.
Find out how the NHS uses your data – choose if data from your health records is shared for research and planning.
View parts of your GP record – including information about medication, allergies, vaccinations, previous illnesses and test results.
How To Register for the NHS App
1. Enter your email address and select ‘Continue’.
2. Select to set up a new NHS login.
3. Create an account using your NHS number OR name, date of birth and postcode.
4. Create a password and select ‘Continue’.
5. A code will be sent to your email address to confirm who you are.
6. Enter your mobile number. You will be sent a security number via text to confirm your mobile number.
7. Once your registration is complete, you will be asked if you are happy to share your details from your GP Surgery with the NHS App – choose ‘Yes’ or ‘No’ and select ‘Continue’.
9. Next, you will need to confirm your identity. All you need to do is upload a picture of your photo ID and then take a photo of yourself. The App will securely check your images and confirm your identity.
10. Now you’re free to explore the App. If your device uses fingerprint or face scanning, you can choose to use that to make logging into the NHS App even more effortless.
What Will I need To Register for the app?
To register using the NHS App or Website you will need a mobile phone number, email address, a valid form of photo ID (see more info below).
Forms of photo ID that you can use:
– Passport (except Syrian passport)
– UK Driving Licence (Full or Provisional)
– European Driving Licence (Full)
– European national identity card (except paper Italian ID card or Greek ID card)
– UK residence card or biometric residence permit (BRP)
What if I don’t have an email or smartphone?
Email: You may already use an email for other things such as your home shopping, library / socia groups or internet provider etc.
If not, you can create a free secure email address using services such as: Google Gmail, Microsoft Outlook or Apple iCloud Mail.
Smartphone: If you don’t have a smartphone or can’t download apps, you can use the NHS login to access the same services through a web browser on your computer or laptop.